TUESDAY NIGHT, MAY 22 at 6:00PM
at Runners Plus by the Dayton Mall
Presentation by Dawn Weatherwax
Dawn Weatherwax is a Registered/Licensed Dietitian with a specialty in Sports Nutrition and Founder of Sports Nutrition 2Go. She is also a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, which is the premier professional sports nutrition credential in the United States. In addition, she is an Athletic Trainer with a Certification in Strength and Conditioning from The National Strength and Conditioning Association. Therefore, she brings a comprehensive and unique understanding of the athlete's body, and its nutritional needs, to those interested in achieving specific performance goals and optimal health. Weatherwax is also the author of The Official Snack Guide for Beleaguered Sports Parents, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Sports Nutrition and The Sports Nutrition Guide for Young Athletes. She is an Official Speaker for the Gatorade Sports Science Institute and co-designer of Bonathlete. A meal planning software program for athletes. She has also been featured on television and magazines including: Good Morning America, MSNBC, Oxygen, Spark and Shape.
Learn what percentage hydration impacts performance
- Discuss how much fluid and electrolytes you really need during training and events.
- Review how much to eat during training and competition and which products to consider.
- Learn if Cherry Juice aids performance
- Discuss beta alanine and sodium bicarbonate supplementation on lactate levels and performance outcomes.
- Review if creatine and glutamine have any significance in your training.
- Recap the importance of Vit D, B12, ferritin and fish oil.
- Does caffeine really work? If so, how much is optimal.